Saturday, July 5, 2008

Georgia to Maine








Welcome to our blog! Zach and I started this so that our family and close friends could see pictures of the amazing adventures we're having as we start out on a journey of epic proportions!
I guess a little introduction is in order for those of you who don't know our story or our plans.

Zach and I met this past spring at the Nantahala Outdoor Center in Western North Carolina. I've worked with the company for several years and had gravitated late last year to working in the Outfitter's Store at the company's main campus on the Nantahala River. Zach came to work in the Store in early April, and we instantly knew we had found something special: each other.

In mid-June, we decided to leave North Carolina for personal reasons and head to Zach's hometown on the coast of Maine! We're going to make an adventure out of it, stopping at the Ocoee and French Broad Rivers before leaving the South and camping at various state/national parks and forests along the way.

So we leave Griffin tomorrow morning and will be at my home river, the Ocoee, tomorrow night. We're meeting my dad, sister Sara, Bridgette, and her daughter Kate at the put-in on Monday for a carnage run down some Tennessee class III-IV whitewater! Then it's off to the French Broad, where we'll see my best friend Amy and hike up to Max Patch. Then we're on the road, heading Northeast!

We live our lives on the road and in the woods, and invite you to share in our adventures. I'll be posting pictures and updates when I find internet access along the way.

All forward!

Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun, but be safe!

-Amanda, Brady and Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Zach,
Heres a ton of hugs and best wishes to you and your travels!