Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adventures in Vacationland

Let me first just say ... MAINE IS WICKED COOL! The weather is nice and cool, there's a lot to see and do, and local culture shines! I love the fact that everyone here supports local farmers and businesses over corporate vomit. New Englanders sure are proud of where they came from!

I don't have any pictures to share this time, but I DO have some great adventures I'd like to tell y'all about!

-In Camden Harbor last week, Zach rowed us around the bay in a "pea pod" (a really old lobster fishing boat). I saw my first loon! (I've been dying to see one since I was a kid!). Went out to a sailboat and jumped off into the deeep water ... then went to Curtis Island and saw a working lighthouse!
-Hiked up Spruce Mtn. and ate wild blueberries right off the bush while admiring some AMAZING views of the ocean, lakes, and other mountains.
-Went to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park ... tourists were everywhere, but what a cool trip anyway! Acadia is beautiful!
-Drank some of Zach's favorite beer at Gritty McDuff's and shopped at the L.L.Bean store in Freeport. Damn good beer and a new navigation system made Zach the happiest guy on the planet.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but oh well. Come visit!

'Til next time!

Kelly

No comments: