Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Update

Hey everybody! It's been a little while since we've posted anything, so I just wanted to say a few things really quick.

Zach's mom came into town for a week (by train from Maine!!!) ... we went to the California coast and saw the redwoods ... also took a boat out on the lake and a bald eagle flew right over our heads as we were swimming ... it was a wonderful visit and we're so glad she made it back safely! (We'll post pictures soon!).

I just got back from a tour 'round the Southeast ... went to NC and TN to see my extended river families (lots of good beer drinkin', lots of rafting (even a run at 2am!), a mountain bike ride at Tsali) ... spent time in GA and AL visiting with family and ate LOTS and LOTS of REALLY good food! ... airline forgot my luggage in Baltimore during my journey back to OR, but they were really nice and actually brought it to me at work the next day!

My Dad flew up to Maine this past Monday and is hiking up to Katahdin today ... he starts the Appalachian Trail heading south tomorrow! Send him good vibes everybody! I'll keep you updated on his progress ...

My mom gave us a new memory card for the camera (THANKS MOM!), and hopefully we'll be adding more pictures now that we can actually take them.

Whew, whirlwind update ... we'll write more soon.

Kelly

No comments: