Friday, September 11, 2009

2.5 Weeks Notice

The summer season is over at Lake of the Woods and our time here is drawing to an end. We have 2.5 weeks of work left (last day being September 27th) and when we're done, we're going to hit the road for up to a month as we travel back to Big Sky, MT. We haven't decided which route we're going to take and may end up doing a bit of random work along the way to help us ramble on. During our last days off, we took a mini-trip into town with the bus and changed a tire (ouch!) and filled up the 90 gallon tank (ouch again!). We're just getting ready but was good to pretend to be on the road for a couple for days :)

Our mobile-garden is currently very confused because it was below freezing last Sunday night and now it's 80 degrees today. I've had a hell of a time trying to keep the zucchini pollenated ... but our cherry tomato plants are weighed down with green 'maters, so we expect a nice harvest from them in the next few weeks. I know it's really early to be planning for next year, but I'm so excited about all the food that we can grow in containers while we travel!!! I picked up an amazing book entitled "The Bountiful Container" and cannot stop reading and dreaming and planning! (HIGHLY recommended!).

Life in a bus is better than I could have ever imagined. Every day I am thankful that I am such a lucky person ... to be living my dreams with the best companions in the world is more than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you all for being so supportive, encouraging, and just plain cool :)

As ever,

Bus, Us, and BD

No comments: